Sunday, May 20, 2007

USD 370 a nite - Day 1/21

Was watching "Catch and Release" on the plane. Business class food is still good, but goin to B'lore there are more of us now, dun feel that special now :p Going thru the immigression which was fast as came out earlier than the rest of them economy class passengers :p, even my check-in luggage was one of the few ones to come out first. Smells like India then this must be India..... Airport looks old but functional, small though for an International airport, Subang Airport was bigger. Well on the way out the main airport door saw like more than a dozen name cards visible, wow so many exparts and foreign talents coming into B'lore, even on my plane saw a dozen Asian/Caucasians. Saw my name with my hotel name card. Got into the complimentary car from the Hotel. The driver said there will be a new airport to be completed next year with seven 5 star hotels coming up along the airport road itself. Wow this place is really coming up. My hotel room alone is more than 300 USD a nite and you can imagine the amount of money pouring in to this place. Saw several familliar restaurants along the way, Pizza Hut and TGIF, well don't think this place is as bad as it was made out to be. One thing that is true is, if there are enough number of foreigners or tourists at any one place, safe to say the facilities, restaurants and other conviniences found at home can be easily accessible as well. When I was in Siem Riep, because of the influx of tourists due to the attraction of Angkor Wat , surprisingly they do have really nice poshy and clean restaurants and bars lining up the streets for a 3rd world country and it was safe to walk at night as well as the locals require a safe environment to thrive on tourists money.

Ok enough about that lets get to the exciting part. I got to my Hotel, just in the middle of town, but yea forgot to mention one lil thing, you know how you hear alot about astrocious drivers in India and its maddening traffic, well right in front of me, just saw a car hit a motorcyclist. My god and I had only gotten into India not more than an hour. Anyways back to my 370 USD room. Staying at the Oberoi Hotel and Resorts, I got some pictures of my room to show you what you are paying for over 300 USD a nite, get this, for starters it has a walking closet, 4 duck down contour pillows, a small sofa a nice equipped desk with fax and wifi access, plasma tv with DVD player, a bath tub, a shower glass room with steam features, cool eh? and the design is really over the top with nice decor design, nice wooden pacquered flooring and my own balcony overlooking the swimming pool.

Plushy pillows and soft mattress


Mini bar with plasma tv and dvd player


Desk with broadband access


The least utilised place in the room :p


Walk in wordrobe


Poshy toilet with steam features


Tv in the loo :P


My own personal balcony


Walla, nice scenery out my balcony :)


I can live with this for more than 3 weeks or longer, actually I dun mind to call this home. I realli like the bath room more than anything else. Now what I need to do is get myself a nice pad and decorate it like this, or something close enough and I would be more than happy. I can get use to living like this. I don't mind travelling for work or any other reason if I get to live royally. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahahaha...of course u dont mind to travel more coz u will stay at a room costs USD300 ++ per night which you wouldn't stay with your own money :p...
happy to know that there has nice restaurant...so it is better than Dengkil lo...kekkekee....