Monday, May 21, 2007

First day of work - Day 3/21

The sun rose at 5:30 am in the morning, my god I thought it was 7 de, anyways missed my b'fast again woke up at 7am in time to meet my personal chauffer, Mr. Pravind in his Ford Ikon, a lil bigger than a Myvi bout the same size as a City. The ride to work was an eye opener, road was tarred but dusty, it's anything goes here, you get all sorts of vehicles crised-crossing, most of the cars ere are the compact type, so many Suzuki Swifts and some Citys, even saw my fav car, Honda Civic. The highway to work was a 6 lane highway I ve been told but I couldn't tell if tat was true as there was no lane separators and there are rows of shops along side the highways, just imagine Plus north south highway with shops along side it, that is their highway, was bloody jam but hey I am not driving so who cares.

Got into their silicon valley dubbed EC or Electronic City. All the major MNCs are represented ere, there's Siemens my first company I worked for, then I saw the big signboard which reads Wipro. Arrived at the gate and enquired the reception counter for the Shell Tower, she pointed me to gate 10, how many gates does this place have anyways. Got into gate 10 to meet my counterpart, Nag, who gave me a guided tour of the campus, it has everything except for a cinema and a bowling alley :p the place was massive. My place is in Tower 15, there are like 20 over buildings ere. Shell has 2 buildings represented.

Got into my cubicle, the place is kinda sad looking for something which looks elegant on the outside, the interior reminded me of goverment offices, not what I had in mind. Conducted my training, never talked so much in one day, the new team is made up of 3 guys and 1 lady, all had like over 6 years experience and knows more shit than I do, but was I able to talk today, made myself convince that I know what I was training them about, made them listened, the trick is to talk to them as friends and always assume that whoever they might be, you are smarter than them and never make them doubt you ever, act confident!!!. I wish I was able to be them and listen to myself talk. Must be something.

Called my car at 5:30pm before the jam starts. There are like 500 busses waiting for the staffs in EC. That's why it is so jam always. Got back to the hotel an hour later, freshened up and went around town to one of the shopping mall nearest to the hotel, something simillar to Isetan, nothing new. Think will visit one shopping mall a day after work :) As I am writting this I am in my room having chinese dishes again with 7 gigantic prawns and tiramisu. If I stay ere for a few more months with these kind of diet I would die of coronory complications. Did I mention that my lunch at the office costs me RM3 and the drinks are free. Had some rice with multiple gravies including yogurt, the natural version from the cow and left out to harden. Tasted like crap but finished them all for once and I realized in the tons of ppl at lunch I was the only fool using fork and spoon, :p. So tired gonna die now in my bed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

u see, i told u already..u will miss ur bfast...coz u r lazy boy...wah, Blore office building are more advanced than here..somemore got so many gates...here has no gate:p only got wisma ...did u buy anythg from shopping? how's the stuff there? expensive?

Namzar said...

I am not lazy ar but if you were sleeping on that nice bed with 6 pillows you would have trouble waking up even for free breakfast :p