Monday, May 28, 2007

Typical day in Bangalore - Day 10/21

My second Monday today, it has been that quick, the next time I blink it would be time to say goodbye, but not yet :p Let me describe to you a typical day in Bangalore. Woke up at 6ish, sometimes hit the gym before breakfast (tat only happened once last week :p) and got down to the restaurant for a buffet breakfast, showered and meet my car at 8am. The ride to work takes about 45 minutes or so, the ride is rough with my driver zig-zagging between cars inches apart with maddening honking which I am so used to by now. Once reached Wipro office, from the main gate to Shell Tower 15 takes about a 5 minute walk. Got to my desk, checked emails, engaged with some of the team members for work update, then they all will go for coffee, the coffee served in the office is so strong that you can only fill the cup 1/3 of the way if not you will not be able to take the bitterness of it, thats how strong it is, that one cup kept me overactive the whole day.

Conducted training session until lunch time. Again for lunch we walk, we walk alot here, alot. We headed to the food court area which is built like a small in door stadium with 2 floors for different variety of food. Normally we visit other parts of the campus area for different food court. Today we walked abit further to try something slightly different. Drinks are free so paid like 16 rupees (that's like RM1.30) for my 2 Parata rotis with curry and yogurt. That itself was enough for me but my colleagues ordered additional rice so had tat too. This is normally how I would feel after each meal here, the feeling of bloatedness and if anyone were to press my stomach I would hurl.

Conducted more training after lunch, sometime later they go for tea break, this time we walked to the nearest food court to have Mango juice, only 10 rupees (RM 0.80) which was very concentrated and sweet, was very good. The work culture ere is that people take a lot of breaks, you can come and go without any issues, the food courts will always be filled with customers no matter what time we visit. Not to say these guys do not work at all but they always need a break for quick meal or coffee constantly, no such thing as eating while working here. You have to choose either one :p Headed back to the office to do some work and check emails, then packup and went down to my car about 5:30pm, any later I would be stuck in traffic for hours. Today the weather was kind, no rain, reached hotel an hour later, usually do some reading or watch dvd on laptop while in the car.

Showered and gone down for dinner. Come back up and check emails and prepare some work for tomorrow while watching dvd on the plasma tv. That in a nutshell is how life is ere like for me unless I go out at night. That needs to be planned as traffic is unpredictable, it gets from bad to worst most of the time. So if you have a date after work then you better plan it as a supper date :p

3 comments:

mai-dai-ree said...

hey did u get me my big chunky earrings yet????? how about some bangles also? you know i'm really super thin, so please ask for the smallest bangles they've got. i like stuff in purple, gold, green or orange....... maybe blue......

do u need more details?????

Unknown said...

such a systematic life in blore...u can thk of migrate to blore after retired :p.. can u pack a cup of blore coffee for me? i would like to know how strong is the coffee there....enjoy ur time there...was shocked that u went for gym n had bfast in hotel...keep it on!!!

sbd18 said...

anyone asked you if u were gay yet? just wanna know if the observations were global or local...