Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Real indian food \ stomach ache - Day 12/21

First thing got into work, went straight to Barista coffee at the food court, India's answer to Starbucks, was heavenly, had to hide from my counterpart ere as he vehemently wants me to try everything local, my stomach will burst open with that diesel coffee they served in the office.

Was happy that I had lasted this long unaffected by local diet. But my lucky streak ended today when I had to follow my counterpart to a restaurant outside campus. If you have a weak stomach or a lil queasy when it comes to somewhat rundown food outlet, this place would not be the best place for you. It looked clean enough if you are not that particular about absolute cleanliness. We had mixed rice with 7 types of gravies and chicken. It was slightly hot but was trying to act like a local so I sniffed in silence throughout lunch. Had their local yogurt which was pure, thus had to mix it with 2 tablespoon of sugar in order to take it all in, that's how you cure spiciness :s . Finally he had to make me try this delicacy call "pan", its bitternut wrapped in some kind of leaf on a stick, he asked me to put the whole thing in my mouth, nearly puked coz it was so bitter and I had to puke silently in my mouth to act like I am one of them locals. Aw god I miss my hotel food :(

It was during training session that I felt some eruption down under. Then it hit me that I have to hit the can asap, feels like I was going to give birth to a baby lizard through my ass. Had to stay calm and compose coz I don't like to do it in the office as their toilet reeks and horrible looking. So made the worst decision of my life, told myself to hold until Hotel, the 53 mins ride was pure hell, I know coz I was counting every minute of it. Lesson of the day, sometimes it is fine to look like a tourists than to pretend to be a local and suffer in silence. Some pictures to alleviate the mood :)

My fav mini bananas in my room, can you find it :p


Found my car with same model and color ere :))

2 comments:

Unknown said...

dont force urself to pretend that you like their local food...jus give urself a try, not forcing to finish all...

Namzar said...

Malaysia Boleh ma, I can do it, but today we fail miserably :p