Saturday, May 19, 2007

Business Class yo hoo!!! - Day 1/21

The day began like any other day, went for a haircut in OneU, had breakfast, did some shopping, feels like any other Saturdays except in an hour or so I have to get to KLIA and I don't even have my universal plug or any Indian Rupees :( As usual I work best under pressure which is another way of saying I procrastinate until I have no choice but to leave it to the very last minute, managed to change RM5k in USD, Sing Dollars and Indian Rupees, madness I know but I need all that much cash just in case u know. Got to KLIA in time, said goodbye to my mum, she missess me already, sigh and she kept sms-ing me until Singapore about this and that, oh well you know mothers.

The moment I found the SIA counter in the aiport I knew this trip gonna be different coz I am lining up in the "first class" counter queue :) full of old retirees and business man as usual. The second best part is when you board the plane you get your own lane separate from the masses and my god is business class almost like heaven. The seat is damn spacious, I know I sound like a freaking jakun but gimme a break, first class to me is like a myth I hear about but do not see. The seat is as big and comfortable as an Osim massage chair and for the first time I could stretch my legs on board. And the food, oh the glorious food, if you have been to one of those poshy funky resautant which charges you a bomb for a lil piece of food in a middle of a big plate, well that's what I got, some funcky Salmon dish which tasted better than any airline food I have ever tasted. Yummy-licious and I got all the works on my tray, with tray covers and small pepper, salt shakers. Don't let me start with the air-stewardess, prettier than the economy class is one thing but the attention you get, you need only to lock eyes with them they will be coming enquiring. No more pressing the overhead steward button hehe.

And the bonus of it all is, as I am typing this I am in Changi Airport in the Business lounge area, they have free food and drinks, wine and beers plus all types of finger licking desserts, and they are all free. Wow, well I hope they are free as I still haven't left the lounge yet :p The lounge is huge, you have 2 separate buffer tables each on every end, a bar in the middle and comfortable sofa like seats. They even have terminals for Internet access as expected. The majorities of the people are elderly retirees with plenty of penchant funds to spare, businessman of all types, and a few of corporate slaves like me, who are here on company's budget, you can tell as they look to young to be able to offord this luxury and their laptop always have their powerpoint presentations slides for whatever business reason their flying for.

Was overlooking out the window flyin into Spore, been awhile since I flew over ere, you can tell when peninsular Msia ends and Spore begins and are they reclaiming lots of land, lots, I mean it reminded me of the man made island montrosity in Dubai. Always wonder if Spore was still part of Msia and our prime Minister was Lee Kuan Yew, how would Msia be like now, the way Spore is run is like a big corporation, that's what you get with banana Chinese with business like mind unlike our local politicians who all are self-fish basterds who are too self absolved with their own agendas and mostly are unqualified to even get a job in a proper MNCs. Was just wondering that's all about 2 countries so simillar yet came up so differently and the farnie thing is Msia has more resources in terms of man power and natural god given richness to become a big market influence in this region but alas we have monkeys in the cabinet who bickers like old grandmother about everything under the sun except for what really matters to the "rakyat". A pity we can't choose where we are born but atleast there is still some chance of migrating and lead a better life elsewhere as Msian politics and its economy is an ass joke to begin with :p

Gonna board my flight to Blore now..... Bon Voyage!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

u should take some photos inside ur business class flight :p so i can know how it looks like....